Many people exposed to Re-inventing or Teal Organizations, Integral Theory, and/or Spiral Dynamics love the concepts but struggle to work out how to apply the theory in practice. Dr Peter Merry has been applying them to organizations for nearly 20 years. In this short course he shares his understanding of the theories as well as his framings for and experiences of organizational design and development. His experience covers corporations, government and NGOs.
The Live Online version of this course includes 4 hour-long live sessions with Peter Merry, every Friday at 16.00 CET.
By the end of the microcourse, you should be able to:
- explain how Integral Theory and Spiral Dynamics can be applied to organizations
- use the theories to inform your conversations with colleagues and clients in organizations
- analyze the current situation and dynamics in an organization from an integral evolutionary perspective
- explain how change works in organizational cultures and systems
- design interventions in organizations informed by an integral evolutionary approach
The program includes:
– 10 videos
– downloadable pdfs of the slides used
– 4 live interactive webinars with Peter Merry (Live participants)
– links to extra resources
– quiz for you to check how much you have understood and what you need to take another look at
– group discussions and short assignments with interaction and feedback for those in the immersive version
– access to a private online group only for participants in this course (for Live participants includes interaction with Peter Merry)
– about 3 hours of work per week
Peter Merry, PhD is the Chief Innovation Officer at Ubiquity University, Founder of the Centre of Human Emergence Netherlands, and a Founding Partner of Engage!. His experience includes facilitating integral change processes in multinational organizations, in government ministries and in mutli-stakeholder initiatives with global stakeholders. He has also spent many years in the not-for-profit sector. He is a recognized expert in the field of energetics and evolutionary systems dynamics and Spiral Dynamics Integral in particular. His books include “Evolutionary Leadership”, “Why Work?“ and “Leading from the Field“ (forthcoming). He has a PhD with Ubiquity’s Wisdom School in Volution Theory.
If you are interested in developing yourself in a highly interactive, well resourced programme about how people can work together more satisfactorily with like-minded inquisitive, open people then this course led by Peter Merry is for you. (Course Participant – Andy)